Since KBA is a ministry of Ko’olau Baptist Church, the doctrinal position of the church is taught by the school. Highlights of Ko’olau Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith are as follows:
- We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired, totally accurate, only inspired Word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe in the one Triune God, eternally existing in three Persons (Deuteronomy 6:4-6).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, Mary, that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:35; Philippians 2:5-8).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross and that our justification is made sure by His physical resurrection from the dead (Romans 3:24-25).
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. The Holy Spirit indwells and seals every believer. We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues, were temporary and have ceased (John 16:8-11; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:4-11, 28; Ephesians 4:7-12).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but inherited a sinful nature through Adam’s fall (Romans 3:22-23; 5:12; 6:23).
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God to man, given by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:12; Ephesians 1:8; 2:8-10).
- We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever (John 6:37-40).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to life eternal in heaven, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment in hell (John 5:28-29; 11:25-26).
- We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord (Romans 12:1-2; 14:13).
A complete copy of the Church’s Statement of Faith and Church Constitution is available from the school office.
Ko'olau Baptist Academy (KBA) admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, athletics and other school administered programs.
Address: 45-633 Keneke St, Kaneohe HI 96744