As an important ministry of Ko’olau Baptist Church, Ko’olau Baptist Academy seeks to help the families of our church and other families of like faith who desire a distinctly Christian education for their children (Matthew 28:19-20; Ephesians 4:12-14). We come from a Bible-based, Christ-centered approach to education and we seek the mental, physical, social, and spiritual development of every student, that every student might please Jesus Christ with his whole life (II Timothy 3:16-17; Luke 2:52; Romans 12:1-2).
Since KBA is a ministry of Ko’olau Baptist Church, the doctrinal position of the church is taught by the school. Highlights of Ko’olau Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith are as follows:
- We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired, totally accurate, only inspired Word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe in the one Triune God, eternally existing in three Persons (Deuteronomy 6:4-6).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, Mary, that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:35; Philippians 2:5-8).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross and that our justification is made sure by His physical resurrection from the dead (Romans 3:24-25).
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. The Holy Spirit indwells and seals every believer. We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues, were temporary and have ceased (John 16:8-11; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:4-11, 28; Ephesians 4:7-12).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but inherited a sinful nature through Adam’s fall (Romans 3:22-23; 5:12; 6:23).
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God to man, given by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:12; Ephesians 1:8; 2:8-10).
- We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever (John 6:37-40).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to life eternal in heaven, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment in hell (John 5:28-29; 11:25-26).
- We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord (Romans 12:1-2; 14:13).
A complete copy of the Church’s Statement of Faith and Church Constitution is available from the school office.